Feedback from FTF Consultees
Following the completion of practical functional assessments of severe problem behavior supported by FTF consultants–which includes an interview with caregivers and a subsequent functional analysis–caregivers and their local clinical team were asked to complete a social validity assessment.
- After having witnessed the functional analysis, 100% of respondents considered it to be safe for their child/client and the implementer.
- 100% of respondents also found the functional analysis of their child/client’s problem behavior to be respectful and dignified.
Following 12 weeks of FTF support with designing and implementing skill-based treatment for severe problem behavior, caregivers and their local clinical team were asked to complete a social validity assessment on treatment procedures and outcomes. The results showed that:
- 100% of respondents found the skill-based treatment process to be safe
- 100% of respondents found the skill-based treatment to be respectful and dignified
- 90% of respondents were satisfied with the skills their client/child learned thus far
- 85% of respondents were satisfied with the outcomes of the skill-based treatment
- 85% of respondents were satisfied with the reduction in severe and other problem behavior
*The majority of consultees who were not 100% satisfied elected to continue with FTF treatment implementation support.