Hosted by: FTF Behavioral Consulting, Inc.
Presenter: Gregory Hanley, Ph.D., BCBA, LBA
Anthony Cammilleri, Ph.D., BCBA, LBA
Mahshid Ghaemmaghami, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Kelsey Ruppel, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA
Theresa Fiani, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA
- Month of June on-demand content:
- July 15th Live Events:
- 1-hr Q&A with Dr. Hanley
- 3-hr PFA/SBT design session with lead consultant
- July 16th onward on-demand:
- 1-hr Tips for Expediting the Skill-Based Treatment Process
- 1-hr advance CEU course of your choice from the list below:
Workshop Details and Description:
Month of June:
- Attendees will complete a 10-hr On-Demand CEU training presented by Dr. Hanley on Practical Functional Assessment and Skill-Based Treatment at their convenience during the month of June. Once registered, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to access the training.
In this presentation, Dr. Hanley introduces the attendees to the latest iteration of the practical functional assessment process (PFA) that allows for the development of skill-based treatments (SBTs) capable of producing socially valid outcomes. Next an effective and parent-validated treatment process for problem behavior is described, with an emphasis on the generally applicable process for teaching contextually appropriate behavior following the shaping of a communication and toleration repertoire. The relevance of an “enhanced choice” model for minimizing risks and expanding practitioner’s scope of practice, and the logistics of implementing the assessment and treatment processes under various practice constraints and resources are also discussed.
- Recorded 2-hr On Demand CEU of the follow-up Q&A session, to be completed at your convenience during the Month of June.
This complementary Q&A session will include answers to questions that were raised during Dr. Hanley’s presentation as well as additional questions about this process that are often asked of our consultants.
- Design Session in small zoom groups that will include a 1-hr Q&A session with Dr. Hanley followed by a 3-hr PFA-SBT Design session with one of our lead consultants.
These sessions are for professionals who have already completed the 10-hr on-demand PFA/SBT training by Dr. Hanley, and are ready to design a PFA and SBT plan for a client in their care.
These sessions will be conducted via zoom, and will include a 1-hr Q&A with Dr. Hanley followed by a 3-hr PFA/SBT design session with one of our lead consultants in a small group. This is an additional capacity-building opportunity with one of our doctoral-level BCBA consultants, which will largely focus on:
- Learning to extract unique synthesized reinforcement contingencies from interviews
- Designing safe and effective functional analyses from the interviews
- Designing the initial steps of a skill-based treatment informed by the results of the practical functional assessment process and the terminal goals of treatment for a client.
The focus of these sessions will be on the foundations of identifying individualized reinforcement and evocative contexts for a learner. Your consultant will guide you to use a backward design in your analysis that is informed by the terminal goals of treatment for your client. While individual questions and problem-solving is encouraged, very unique cases may be better addressed via an individualized consultation.
Successful completion of the design session will yield 3 BACB CEUs (1 General, 1 Supervision, 1 Ethics).
- July 15th
There will be two time slots that you can choose from:
- Morning Session:
- Q&A Session with Dr. Hanley: 9:00-10:00 AM EST
- Design Session with FTF Consultant: 10:00 AM -1:00 PM EST
- Afternoon Session:
- Q&A Session with Dr. Hanley: 1:00-2:00 PM EST
- Design Session with FTF Consultant: 2:00 -5:00 PM EST
- Attendees will be provided with updated implementation support materials that will include:
- Sample scripts for caregivers and administrators on the importance and applicability of the PFA and SBT process
- Samples of PFA and SBT workbooks (including examples)
- Samples of PFA and SBT completed reports with suggested IEP goals as well as blank templates,
- Example graphs of assessment and treatment results as well as excel graph templates for the assessment and treatment analysis results.
- Task analysis of IISCA and SBT app.
July 16th onward:
- Attendees will complete a 1-hr On-Demand CEU training presented by Dr. Hanley on Tips for Expediting the Skill-Based Treatment Process at their convenience during the month of July following the design session. Once registered, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to access the training.
In this course, Dr. Hanley presents tips for expediting the SBT process and discusses how to achieve socially meaningful outcomes faster. Knowing how to uphold the core values of safety, rapport, and televisibility while progressing expeditiously through SBT is important because slow processes are simply less reinforcing for the student or client, sometimes insufficiently reinforcing for the implementor, and sometimes excruciating for the parent or school-based colleagues who are wondering why the child always seems to be in that “damn” context in which they are simply getting their way!
- Attendees will complete 1-hr advance On-Demand CEU course from the following list.
- This workshop features the opportunity to receive 17 BACB CEUs, including 2 in supervision and 2 in ethics, as well as meet the requirements for levels 1 and 2 of credentialing and provide you with partial requirements of level 5.
- To learn more about credentialing, please visit our credentialing page.
- Additionally, attendees will have the opportunity to purchase follow-up individual consults with an FTF consultant.
Please register below to save your spot.