We have been monitoring the developing situation around the Covid-19 pandemic closely. As different jurisdictions navigate the re-opening of the economy and “normal” life, we anticipate that the recommendations around social distancing will continue to some degree for at least a few more months. As many of you may wish to avoid unnecessary travel and gatherings, we have decided to shift this event to a fully distance model. Our goal is to deliver this workshop in the safest and most effective way possible while maintaining the personalized features of a live, in-person event.
As such, in lieu of the two-day workshop in Worcester, we have decided to offer a Virtual Workshop in the following manner:
1. Attendees will complete a 10-hr On Demand CEU training presented by Dr. Hanley on Practical Functional Assessment and Skill Based Treatment at their convenience during the month of June. Once registered, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to access the training.
In this presentation, Dr Hanley introduces the attendees to the latest iteration of the practical functional assessment process (PFA) that allows for the development of skill-based treatments (SBTs) capable of producing socially valid outcomes. Next an effective and parent-validated treatment process for problem behavior is described, with an emphasis on the generally applicable process for teaching contextually appropriate behavior following the shaping of a communication and toleration repertoire. The relevance of an “enhanced choice” model for minimizing risks and expanding practitioner’s scope of practice, and the logistics of implementing the assessment and treatment processes under various practice constraints and resources are also discussed.
2. Recorded 2-hr On Demand CEU of the follow-up Q&A session, to be completed at your convenience during the Month of June.
This complementary Q&A session will include answers to questions that were raised during Dr. Hanley’s presentation as well as additional questions about this process that are often asked of our consultants.
3. Live Planning Support session in small zoom groups that will include a 1-hr Q&A session with Dr. Hanley followed by a 3-hr planning support session with one of our lead consultants.
An additional capacity-building opportunity will be provided in small groups via a Zoom meeting with one of our doctoral level BCBA consultants. The goal of this planning session will be to provide additional support to attendees in relation to their unique case examples to extract synthesized reinforcement contingencies from interviews, design safe, fast, and effective functional analyses from the interviews, and design skill-based treatments informed by the results of the practical functional assessment process.
Attendees will sign up for ONE of the small-group sessions with an FTF consultant as per the schedule below (please note all times noted are Eastern Standard Time):
- Session 1: Wednesday, July 15th, 8 am – 12 pm
- Session 2: Wednesday, July 15th, 1:30-5:30 pm
- Session 3: Thursday, July 16th, 8 am – 12 pm
- Session 4: Thursday, July 16th, 1:30-5:30 pm
4. Attendees will be provided with implementation support materials that will include:
- Sample scripts for caregivers and administrators on the importance and applicability of the PFA and SBT process
- Samples of completed PFA and SBT workbooks as well as blank copies
- Samples of PFA and SBT completed reports with suggested IEP goals as well as blank templates,
- Example graphs of assessment and treatment results as well as excel graph templates for the assessment and treatment analysis results.
5. Additionally, attendees will be able to purchase 10x 20-min individual consults with an FTF consultant at a reduced rate.
June – July, 2020
Title: Practical Functional Assessment and Skill-Based Treatment of Severe Problem Behavior: A Process Update with Supported Application
Hosted by: FTF Behavioral Consulting, Inc.
Presenter: Gregory Hanley, Ph.D., BCBA, LBA
Anthony Cammilleri, Ph.D., BCBA, LBA
Mahshid Ghaemmaghami, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Kelsey Ruppel, Ph.D, BCBA-D, LBA
Shannon Ward, Ph.D, BCBA, LBA
Holly Gover, Ph.D., BCBA, LBA
Registration for this workshop is now closed. Please e-mail Dr.G@ftfbc.com if you have any questions.