Hosted by: FTF Behavioral Consulting, Inc.
Q&A Presenter: FTF Senior Consultant
Application Support: FTF’s Senior and Lead Consultants
CEUs: 6 General BACB CEUs
Credentialing: Level 5, Advanced Application and Education Credentials
|Skill-Based Treatment Extension: Generalization and Maintenance by Dr. Ruppel*
|3 pm EST
|7-day access period **
|Two 1-hr advanced FTF CEU courses of your choice from the list below:
1. Advancing the Complexity of Communication During FCT
2. Beyond FCT: Avoiding Delay-Induced Resurgence of Problem Behavior
3. Prompting, Shaping, and Differential Reinforcement
4. The Language of PFA/SBT Taught Through a Case Presentation
5. Tips for Expediting the Skill-Based Treatment Process
|3 pm EST
|7-day access period**
|Advanced SBT Design Session (Maintenance and Generalization)
|10 am EST
|3 pm EST
*On-demand content must be completed before the bundle’s scheduled synchronous events.
**An email with instructions on accessing your on-demand content, including coupon codes, will be issued via email and according to the workshop’s schedule. The access period per course begins from the date and time of code usage.
Bundle Details and Description:
Attendees will complete a pre-requisite 1-hr On-Demand CEU training presented by Dr. Ruppel on Skill-Based Treatment Extension: Generalization and Maintenance before their design session.
Attendees will complete two additional 1-hr On-Demand CEU training courses from the list below before their scheduled design session.
- Advancing the Complexity of Communication During FCT
- Beyond FCT: Avoiding Delay-Induced Resurgence of Problem Behavior
- Prompting, Shaping, and Differential Reinforcement
- The Language of PFA/SBT Taught Through a Case Presentation
- Tips for Expediting the Skill-Based Treatment Process
An email with instructions on accessing your on-demand content, including coupon codes, will be issued via email and according to the bundle’s schedule. The access period varies per course and begins from the date and time of code usage.
FTF’s Advanced SBT Design Session
Planning for maintenance and generalization (i.e., CAB6 and beyond)
These sessions are for professionals ready to begin planning for post-CAB6 treatment extension—e.g., to additional implementers and settings and for extended periods. Professionals should have already completed Dr. Hanley’s 10-hr on-demand PFA/SBT training, the 12-hr PFA-SBT Implementor course, and the 1-hr On-Demand CEU training presented by Dr. Ruppel on Skill-Based Treatment Extension: Generalization and Maintenance. Attendees should also have completed a PFA, designed and begun teaching at least one CAB branch, and be ready for CAB 6 extensions.
These sessions will be conducted via Zoom, including an SBT Generalization & Maintenance Design Session with an FTF Senior or Lead Consultant in a small group. This is an additional capacity-building opportunity with one of our skilled consultants who will model generalization planning. Attendees will learn to:
- Identify and describe relevant generalization contexts.
- Refine the end goals of treatment for individual clients.
- Prioritize and sequence treatment extension steps.
- Plan for additional skills that may need to be taught, such as moving from the omnibus mand to specific mands and tolerating reinforcement intervals in which some components may be limited or absent.
Your consultant will guide you to consider the client’s and their family’s priorities and values and to use a backward design from the end goals to plan treatment extensions consistent with those priorities.
Individual questions and problem-solving will be encouraged; however, individualized consultation may better address unique cases.
Pre-requisites & Requirements:
- Level 2* education/application qualifications
- SBT Generalization on-demand course
- Completed PFA and initiated SBT treatment for one client (ideally up to CAB 5)
- Group sharing of SBT Generalization workbook.
*Attendee is credentialled or has a certificate of completion of both the education component of the process (through either the 10-hr on-demand PFA/SBT training, the 12-hr on-demand Implementor course, or live FTF workshop) and the application components (an FTF-led PFA-SBT Design Session).
10-11: Consultant reviews designing one Generalization Context example.
11-11:30: Attendees work individually on one SBT Gen context using the SBT Gen workbook
11:30-12: Attendees join Zoom breakout rooms with other attendees to review their completed workbook.
12: Attendees upload their completed SBT Gen workbook to Zoom chat.
12-3: Attendees rejoin the consultant on the Zoom meeting to review completed extensions. Each attendee will be able to ask questions and receive feedback from the consultant and other attendees on their specific case using their completed workbook.
This bundle features the opportunity to receive 6 BACB CEUs. Successful completion of the advanced education will yield 3 General BACB CEUs. Successful completion of the design session will yield 3 General BACB CEUs.
Successful completion of the advanced education and design session may meet the requirements for Level 5, Advanced Education and Application Credentials.
Attendees will receive updated implementation support materials and can purchase individual follow-up consultations with an FTF consultant.
Should you have any questions, please get in touch with Alexandra Beckwith (email@example.com).