Hosted by: FTF Behavioral Consulting, Inc.
Application Support: Senior and Lead Consultants
CEUs: 4 BACB CEUs (4 General)
Date: November 8, 2024
Time: 10 AM EST – 3 PM EST
These sessions are for professionals who have completed the 7-CEU Treating Food Selectivity Without Tears on-demand course and are ready to design an assessment and treatment plan for a client in their care.
Note. We strongly recommend completing either the 10-CEU Practical Functional Assessment and Skill-Based Treatment course or the 10-CEU PFA/SBT for Implementors course, as the Food Selectivity course assumes familiarity with the concepts.
This is an additional capacity-building opportunity with one of our skilled consultants will primarily focus on the following:
- Learning to extract meaningful information from an open-ended interview and other instruments.
- Designing safe and effective food preference analyses and functional analyses
- Designing the initial steps of the treatment process (the bite shaping phase) informed by the assessment process and client-specific treatment goals.
The design session will focus on the foundations of assessment and shaping bite consumption. Your consultant will guide you to use a backward design informed by the goals of treatment for your client. While individual questions and problem-solving are encouraged, individualized consultation may address unique cases better. This process is suitable for clients who consume all calories by mouth, are meeting their caloric/nutritional requirements, can chew and swallow table-texture foods, and have been cleared by a medical professional to receive behavioral intervention for food selectivity (i.e., there is no identifiable medical explanation for eating problems).
Please note that active participation in the design session is predicated on the following:
- Your successful completion of ALL pre-requisite on-demand content (previous completion of the 10-hr presentation on PFA and SBT by Dr. Hanley and Treating Food Selectivity without Tears)
- Your successful completion of the following for your specific client (at least two weeks before the design session):
- Selective Easting Screening Tool
- Food Preference Survey
- Open Ended Interview
10:00 – 11:00 AM EST: Consultant reviews an example with design tips.
11:00 -11:30 AM EST: Attendees work individually on the Food Selectivity workbook.
11:30 – 12:00 PM EST: Attendees join Zoom breakout rooms with other attendees to review the completed workbook.
12:00 PM EST: Attendees upload their completed Food Selectivity workbook to Zoom chat.
12:00 – 3:00 PM EST: Attendees rejoin the consultant on Zoom meeting to review completed designs. Each attendee will have a dedicated opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback from the consultant and other attendees on their specific case using their completed workbook.
While individual questions and problem-solving are encouraged, cases with many complicating variables or barriers may be better addressed via a personal consultation.
Successful completion of the design session will yield 4 General BACB CEUs.