Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
In this article review, Catherine Jessel begins by interviewing Dr. Cory Whelan, the lead author of “Randomized Controlled Trial of Seminar-Based Training on Accurate and General Implementation of Practical Functional Assessments” (2021). They discuss (a) the inspiration and motivation behind the article, (b) further recommended readings, and (c) the experience Dr. Whelan had while conducting the study. Catherine then interviews Beth Schoolmaster, an expert in the Skill-Based Treatment of severe problem behavior. They discuss the specifics of (a) the design, (b) the training format, and (c) the results. The take-home message is that the seminar-based training conducted in this study produced meaningful change in participants’ abilities to conduct PFAs with real-life clients.
The participant will be able to describe a format for training accurate implementation of the PFA and the benefits of providing and receiving formal training in PFA.
- This course is divided into 5 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 General BACB CEUs, a list of take-home points, and a link to a feedback survey.