Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
In this article review, Catherine Jessel begins by interviewing Dr. Jessica Slaton, the lead author of “Interview-Informed Functional Analyses: A Comparison of Synthesized and Isolated Components.” They discuss (a) the inspiration and motivation behind the article, (b) recommended readings, and (c) the experience Dr. Slaton had while conducting the study. Catherine then interviews Dr. Mahshid Ghaemmaghami, an expert in PFA and SBT. They discuss the specifics of (a) isolated vs. synthesized components, (b) false positives vs. false negatives, and (c) considerations for practice and future research. The take-home message is that synthesized components generally lead to safer analyses and quick, significant effects, in the early stages of treatment.
The participant will be able to describe isolated and synthesized components of functional analyses.
- This course is divided into 5 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 General BACB CEUs, and a link to a feedback survey.