Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
In this article review, Catherine Jessel begins by interviewing Dr. Mahshid Ghaemmaghami, the lead author of “Functional Communication Training (FCT): From Efficacy to Effectiveness.” They discuss (a) the inspiration and motivation behind the article, (b) further recommended readings, and (c) the experience Dr. Ghaemmaghami had while conducting the study. Catherine then interviews Dr. Claire Egan, an expert in the application of Skill-Based Treatment for severe problem behavior. They discuss the specifics of (a) the evidence for the efficacy of FCT (b) the evidence for the effectiveness of FCT, and (c) areas for future research on FCT effectiveness. The take-home message is that more research is required on the effectiveness of FCT to consider it an evidence-based practice.
Participants will be able to describe the differences between efficacy and effectiveness with respect to the evidence for FCT.
- This course is divided into 2 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 General BACB CEUs, and a link to a feedback survey.