Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 14 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 14-day increments for $20.
The mission of the Balance Program is to prevent the worsening of early problem behavior in young children with autism via a proactive, skill-building approach. The program consists of 10 customizable lessons, rooted in years of behavioral and early childhood research. Parents serve as the primary implementers with intermittent support from a professional, making the program a good option when access to behavior analytic services is limited—for example, in areas without qualified local professionals, during public health-related shutdowns, or when a child is on a waitlist for comprehensive services. This webinar provides a detailed examination of the program, including the rationale for and research supporting its components. Participants will receive manuals for parents and professionals with step-by-step instructions, data sheets, session logs, and tips. The webinar will also highlight electronic data collection and collaboration options via the new Balance Program app on the web platform Hi Rasmus.
- Participants will be able to describe the purpose of the Balance Program and the clients for whom it is designed.
- Participants will be able to distinguish between short-term avoidance and prevention strategies and be able to describe the research support for individual and packaged components of the Balance program.
- Participants will be able to describe the initial assessment process and the parent and child objectives in each of the Balance Program’s ten lessons.
- Participants will be able to describe the general visit structure and major activities for each visit.
- This course is divided into 7 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Many of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 4 BACB CEUs (3 General, 1 Ethics, and 0 Supervision), a reference list of associated readings, and a link to a feedback survey.
- If you are not a BCBA and would like a certificate of completion, enter “NA” in the BCBA Number box.
- Be sure to check out the “Download Materials” at the top of the chapter list. It is full of helpful resources for learning and implementing the Balance process. Be sure to click the “Complete” button before moving on to the videos.