Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
The effectiveness of treatments for problem behavior, like functional communication training (FCT), depends on the extent to which the treatment can be successfully extended to typical environments that include unpredictable and varied schedules of reinforcement and behavioral expectations. Behavior analysts often aim to increase the practicality of FCT through schedule-thinning procedures that leave a gap between the desired behavior and the delivery of reinforcement. In this tutorial, I will describe an alternative that develops chains of contextually appropriate behavior that vary in both length and topography and eliminate or minimize delay-induced resurgence of problem behavior. Finally, we review a list of considerations that guide the selection of the responses to include and the type of contingencies that can be used to establish these contextually appropriate behavior chains.
- Attendees will be able to differentiate between a skill-based treatment that teaches contextually appropriate chains of behavior and traditional FCT schedule-thinning and delay procedures.
- Attendees will be able to describe the essential features of a skill-based treatment that uses unpredictable and intermittent reinforcement.
- This course is divided into 5 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will sometimes be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 general BACB CEUs, a reference list of associated readings, and a link to a feedback survey.