Thank you for registering to take this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase. If you are unable to complete the course in the allotted time, for any reason, you may purchase additional time (i.e., 7 days) for $10 by emailing Anthony Cammilleri at email@example.com
Hanley, Jin, Vanselow, and Hanratty (2014) described a comprehensive functional assessment and skill-based treatment process for severe problem behavior, which has since been replicated by additional research groups. These publications have provided varying levels of detail on treatment extension beyond the initial intervention context, but none have detailed the parent/caregiver training process with definitions of adult behavior, the criteria by which the training progressed, or data on caregiver behavior. In this course, we present technological descriptions of extension as we have implemented it with the parents and other caregivers. We discuss considerations for decision-making, including the criteria by which to proceed through training, illustrated with case examples.
- Attendees will be able to describe two approaches for extending successful skill-based treatment of problem behavior to parents and caregivers:
– A sequential approach, in which a clinician works with the child until treatment objectives are met, and then effects are extended to parents/caregivers.
– A (nearly) simultaneous approach, in which a clinician and parent alternate treatment trials until treatment objectives are met.
- Attendees will be able to describe two performance indicators suggesting trainees are ready to progress to the next step of training.
- This course is divided into 6 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a short video.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Many of the quiz questions are in the stlye of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 general BACB CEU, a reference list of associated readings, and a link to a feedback survey.