Thank you for registering to take this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 45 days from the date and time of purchase. If you are unable to complete the course in the allotted time, for any reason, you may purchase additional time (i.e., 14 days) for $30 by emailing Anthony Cammilleri at firstname.lastname@example.org
The practical functional assessment and skill-based treatment process, which prioritizes safety and social acceptability, has proven to be a highly effective and generally applicable approach to treating severe problem behavior. The process has been refined to prevent escalation of problem behavior while replacement repertoires are developed in the challenging contexts in which severe problem behavior is most likely to occur. Attendees will be able to improve skills for (a) conducting interviews to discover synthesized reinforcement contingencies that are influencing problem behavior, (b) designing and implementing safe, efficient, and useful analyses from the interviews, (c) designing skill-based treatments that yield replacement social and leisure repertoires while minimizing escalated problem behavior, and (d) training and supervising others to implement the intervention once transitioned into an all-day intervention.
- Participants will be able to describe multiple tactics to ensure the efficiency and utility of the functional assessment process, especially the functional analysis part of the process.
- Participants will be able to identify five tactics for increasing the odds of a safe and dignified analysis of severe problem behavior.
- Participants will be able to describe the characteristics of an open-door analysis for minimizing the likelihood of problem behavior escalation and maximizing the value of synthesized reinforcers.
- Participants will be able to defend the practice of relying on synthesized reinforcement contingencies when functionally analyzing problem behavior and articulate the advantages of functional control over functional classification.
- Participants will be able to describe the key factors to consider when selecting the initial functional communication response, the teaching tactics for shaping the complexity of the response while avoiding resurgence of problem behavior, and procedures for differentiating the response so that a communication repertoire is established.
- Participants will be able to describe the key components of strategies for teaching individuals with severe problem behavior to tolerate both delays to and denials of the reinforcers previously influencing their problem behavior.
- Participants will be able to describe the characteristics of an enhanced choice model of treatment implementation for minimizing the likelihood of problem behavior escalation.
- Participants will be able to describe how a contextually appropriate behavior chain (e.g., compliance with tasks, completing independent academic work, and play) may be shaped and maintained during variable and sometimes long delays to the reinforcers that historically influenced problem behavior.
- Participants will be able to describe the processes for introducing new chains of contextually appropriate behavior to address problem behavior occurring is structurally unique contexts.
- Participants will be able to describe the importance of common stimuli to the process of transferring the effects of treatment across people, places, and extended time periods.
- Participants will be able to describe the process for implementing the assessment and treatment within their own companies on their own following this training.
- This course is divided into 13 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Many of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 10 BACB CEUs (7 General, 2 Ethics, and 1 Supervision), a reference list of associated readings, and a link to a feedback survey.
- Be sure to check out the “Download Materials” section before the first chapter. It is full of helpful resources for learning and implementing the PFA/SBT process.