Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
When analyzing and treating severe problem behavior, there are conditions under which extended episodes of problem behavior are untenable. As such, the use of certain approaches, such as closed contingency classes, escape extinction, and physical management, may be impractical or indefensible. This presentation will discuss ways in which practitioners can circumvent the need for physical management and minimize escalation during the analysis of severe problem behavior. The presentation will focus on tactics relevant across assessment and treatment including clarity of prevailing conditions, the use of open-class contingencies, the speed and comprehensiveness of reinforcement, and the use of open-door policies, among others. The tactics presented have been developed and evaluated through research-based and consultative clinical services.
The attendee will be able to describe 7 tactics for minimizing behavioral escalation in the assessment of severe problem behavior.
- Reinforce all suspected members of the contingency class
- Include all suspected reinforcers into a synthesized contingency
- Immediately reinforce the first instance of problem behavior
- Enact open-door policies
- Increase saliency of conditions (Reinforcement vs Establishing Operation [EO])
- Gradually progress the EO
- Make performance-based decisions
- This course is divided into 5 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a short video.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Many of the quiz questions are in the stlye of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 general BACB CEU, a reference list of associated readings, and a link to a feedback survey.