Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
In this article review, Catherine Jessel begins by interviewing Dr. Kelsey Ruppel, the lead author of “An Evaluation of Balance: A Home-Based, Parent-Implemented Program Addressing Emerging Problem Behavior.” They discuss (a) the inspiration and motivation behind the article, (b) further recommended readings, and (c) the experience Dr. Ruppel had while conducting the treatment with caregivers. Catherine then interviews Kara LaCroix, an expert in Balance. They discuss the specifics of (a) the 10 steps of Balance and the rationale for each, (b) the differences between Balance and Skill-Based Treatment, and (c) how Balance can serve as a framework to teach caregivers to problem-solve new challenges that may develop though their child’s life. The take-home message is that Balance is a comprehensive curriculum, designed for caregivers, that can decrease and even prevent problem behavior through the teaching of protective skills such as communication, toleration, and cooperation.
The participant will be able to describe the 10 steps of Balance curriculum.
- This course is divided into 4 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 General BACB Learning-Type CEU, and a link to a feedback survey.