Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
- Dr. Claire Egan, Ph.D., BCBA, FTF Behavioral Consulting
- Ron DeMuesy, MEd, BCBA, Dublin County School District, FTF Behavioral Consulting
- Elizabeth Schoolmaster, MA, BCBA, Ivymount School, FTF Behavioral Consulting
- Tina Gunn, MEd, BCBA, Surrey School District, FTF Behavioral Consulting
Throughout this course we refer to the IEP as an ‘Individualized Education Program.’ This is consistent with information published on the federal Department of Education website. However, we acknowledge that many refer to the IEP as an ‘Individualized Education Plan.’ For the purposes of this course, the terms ‘program’ and ‘plan’ are used interchangeably.
The Practical Functional Assessment (PFA) and Skill-Based Treatment (SBT) are student-centered, compassionate approaches that can effectively address severe problem behavior in school settings. These processes meet the federal and state assessment and treatment requirements for the Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) of students receiving special education services. In this course, attendees will learn about how to align PFA and SBT with the required steps in the IEP process, and how to translate assessment results into meaningful annual IEP goals and objectives. We will use a case review to demonstrate the integration of PFA and SBT from planning to completion of the IEP, and we will provide examples of how to write IEP goals that comply with generally accepted educational criteria. Modifications for specific client needs and considerations for performance-based decision-making will be discussed.
Objectives: Attendees will be able to…
- Describe how the Practical Functional Assessment (PFA) can be incorporated into IDEA-compliant IEP assessment processes.
- Describe and give examples of scripted, IDEA-compliant IEP goals that incorporate Skill-Based Treatment.
- This course is divided into 8 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After all but the last video there will be a short quiz.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be asked to complete a feedback survey. At the end of the survey, there will be a certificate code. It is important to copy this code so that it may be used to access your certificate.
- After entering your certificate code, you will be presented with a certificate worth 1 BACB general learning-type CEU.
- Be sure to check out the “Download Materials” section before the first chapter. It is full of helpful resources for learning and implementing the process.
Chapter Durations and Number of Questions:
|Number of Quiz Questions