Please read below before purchasing this course.
The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
In this article review, Catherine Jessel begins by interviewing Dr. Rachel Metras, the lead author of “Adaptations of the Interview-Informed Synthesized Contingency Analysis” (Metras & Jessel, 2021). They discuss (a) the inspiration and motivation behind the article, (b) further recommended readings, and (c) the experience Dr. Metras had while conducting the study. Catherine then interviews Matt Carbone, an expert in the application of Skill-Based Treatment for severe problem behavior. They discuss the specifics of (a) the novel IISCA formats that exist in the published literature, (b) the client and setting considerations that practitioners should make when designing their analyses, and (c) the practical concerns that can be addressed by different IISCA formats. The take-home message is that there are a variety of modifications to the IISCA that clinicians can make to create safer and more ecologically relevant analyses for their clients.
The participant will be able to describe three IISCA adaptations and the practical concerns that each were designed to address.
- This course is divided into 2 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After each video there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be presented with a certificate of completion worth 1 General BACB CEUs, and a link to a feedback survey.