Please read below before purchasing this course.
- The video contained within this course is protected by copyright. Downloading or making copies of the videos is prohibited.
- The purchase of this course is for a single user. Sharing login credentials with other people is prohibited. Broadcasting the course to a group is also prohibited.
- You will have access to the course for 7 days from the date and time of purchase.
- If you need more time to complete the course, an extension link will appear upon expiration under the course title in the “My Profile” page. Extensions are provided in 7-day increments for $10.
In this course, Catherine Jessel begins by interviewing Dr. Joshua Jessel the lead author of the article, “A Translational Evaluation of Transitions” (Jessel et al., 2016). They discuss (a) the inspiration and motivation behind the article, (b) further recommended readings, and (c) the experience Dr. Jessel had while conducting the study. Catherine then interviews Dr. Theresa Fiani, an expert in the application of Skill-Based Treatment for severe problem behavior. They discuss the specifics of (a) behaviors children engage in when transitioning from a rich to lean schedule of reinforcement, (b) signals during transitions, and (c) the importance of unpredictability while transitioning. The take-home message is that variability and unpredictability during transitions will likely increase cooperation in individuals.
The participant will be able to describe the difference between lean and rich schedules of reinforcement and the effects of signaled and unsignaled transitions on client’s dawdling and problem behavior.
- This course is divided into 4 chapters.
- Each chapter presents a video.
- If you close your browser before finishing a video, your place in the video will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend that you jot down the timestamp before closing your browser so you can quickly find the spot at which you left off when you return.
- After the videos there will be a short quiz.
- Some of the quiz questions are in the style of “multiple selection.” That is, there will often be more than one correct answer.
- Be sure to check your spelling when composing constructed answers.
- 100% correct responding is required before moving to the next chapter.
- When all quizzes are successfully completed, you will be asked to complete a feedback survey. At the end of the survey, there will be a certificate code. It is important to copy this code so that it may be used to access your certificate.
- After entering your certificate code, you will be presented with a certificate worth 1 BACB learning-type CEUs (1 General, 0 Ethics, and 0 Supervision).
Video Durations and Number of Questions:
|Number of Quiz Questions